Wednesday 25 February 2009

How to Surprise Someone

For OH's birthday every year I try to make it a memorable one for him. Like the first year we were together, I was learning French at university, so as a gift with benefits, I booked us on a trip to Paris. The plan was to wake up in the morning, and tell him that we were going on an adventure, turn up at Waterloo, collect the suitcase I'd packed the night before from left luggage, and whisk him off to the City of Lights. A few snags to this plan though, a week before we were meant to leave, OH called me in a panic to ask if I'd seen his passport as he needed it for a visa application to Kenya. I answered in the affirmative, and he spent the rest of the time thinking what it was doing in my flat (back when we lived seperately), and so he figured it out before it was a great surprise. However, the fact that I'd arranged a surprise birthday party for him the night before completely escaped him and that turned out to be good fun.

This year, I decided on another trip, and back in October I told him to take a few days off for his birthday as I wanted to take him to Destination X. By the time I got round to booking the tickets, the price for Destination X has increased twofold, so I booked Destination Y instead. Destination Y was supposed to be a secret, but I thought at one point OH had found out about Destination Y, but it turned out he was thinking of Destination N, and it was inadvertently let out the bag that it was Destination Y we were heading to.

However, OH is now so focussed on Destination Y, I'm thinking that perhaps I should have booked Destination N, or Destination Z instead. Oh well, its all booked now. Tune in next week to find out where we went...

(OH found the link to this blog eventually, and I'm not about to ruin the surprise further...)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home