Tuesday 10 February 2009

Groundhog Day...



Its been a week since Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and predicted another 4 weeks of winter for us. Right on cue, the heavens opened and have started to shower us with rain, sleet, snow and other variations on cold states of water droplets. Each day has been a grey template that even the most emo-driven pessimist would be fed-up of. Today however, the sun is out and as soon as I caught a glimpse of the rays poking through the crowds, I pulled on my coat and popped out to get a sandwich.

The sandwich shop is 2 mins from my office. In that two mins I have been rained and snowed on while the other part of town lies indifferent, bathed in glorious sunshine. I just want to go home and get out of bed until the beginning of March now.

On another note, since the beginning of the year I have been good and my boozing levels have reduced dramatically. Coupled with the diet that's heavy on vegetables and low on meat, I have trimmed somewhat and feel better for it. Given that I've just been soaked in less than 2 mins, I decided to get a roast beef sandwich which I LOVE. However, looking at the sandwich now, I realise that since the last time I had it, its now shrunk somewhat and the wrapper that it comes in gives away the fact that it has shrunk by some 2" off the usual size.

Now I really just want to go to bed and wake up when everything is back to normal, including my sandwich size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home