Wednesday 8 September 2010

Hoping for the remnants of summer...

Over at Refrigerate After Opening, my friend in NY reminds me that I've been awfully lax at updating my food blog. In fact, I can remember that the last time I updated it was back in April, and for that I feel guilty as its meant to be a joint effort between my eldest sister and myself. So, in the meantime, I'm posting a short recipe here that has elements of summer in it, but also a gentle segue into the autumn season.

**************

Beetroot, Goats Cheese and Rocket Salad



Cooked red beetroot, sliced or grated
Fresh goats cheese
Rocket
Pecan nuts, toasted and crushed
Ground black pepper
Balsamic vinegar
White truffle infused olive oil

Arrange the sliced beetroot on a plate, or if using grated beetroot use a timbale/cookie mold to hold in a round shape. Slice the goats cheese thinly and arrange on top of the beetroot. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the assembled plate, followed by drizzling some of the truffle infused olive oil. Scatter the pecans over the goats cheese and top with a handful of rocket leaves. Grind some black pepper over the leaves and serve.

This dish is wonderfully simple, and the truffle infused oil imparts a rich, earthy flavour that supports the earthiness and sweet edge of the beetroot. A hint of autumn on the palate.

En guete!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home