Wednesday 1 September 2010

Bi-wine curious




After almost a year of radio silence I am back once again. Somehow I
managed to lose focus on priorities in life and let myself be
overwhelmed by the career.

This, in itself, shouldn't have been the case given the constant promotion of the elusive work-life balance. However, in my defense, I was doing a 9 man job and at the end of the day was just too exhausted to even turn on the TV, let alone the laptop to type in a blog entry. Things have now improved, and instead of a 9-man job, I'm on a 4-man job and managing 5 others.

Managing people is somewhat akin to having internal arguments with your subconscious. Sometimes things well up and you want to shout, but you can't, so you take a step back and try to reason with your not-conscious. However, unlike with your subconscious, the worst case scenario you think of then proceeds to act itself out in front of your very eyes.

A recent trip to New York unearthed some absolute gems of overheard conversation, which really had to be heard in person to be believed:

Boy1: I really really like wine

Boy2: yeah, I really like a full bodied red.

Boy3: (hesitatingly) I like wine too, but if you really REALLY like wine, can you like both red and white?

Later...

Boy 2: whites are good, but I only like really dry whites. Like a good chardonnay. Not a riesling though, its not dry enough.

Later, after more fuckery in a similar vein, OH and I left following a conversation involving the new word 'superiocity'.

More to come, and by god its good to be back...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2 September 2010 at 05:40 , Anonymous Fastfingers said...

Ben, baby, watcha bin up to?! I don't like wine at all so I must be some kind of heathen.

 
At 2 September 2010 at 06:11 , Blogger hijac said...

Hurrah! So happy to see that you're posting again.

I went back to there and, sadly, overheard only reasonable conversations. There was, however, a couple engaging in a serious makeout session right in front of his parents. That place is really going downhill.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home